- A&E / 999 available in an emergency. You can contact an ambulance or visit A&E.
- GP, if you would like to discuss your mental health we advise you to see your GP who will be able to give advice, review medication or refer you to a specialist service.
- SHOUT - Text SHOUT to 85258. Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help.
Wellbeing support apps for smart phones
- Catch It - Learn how to manage feelings like anxiety and depression with Catch It. The app will teach you how to look at problems in a different way, turn negative thoughts into positive ones and improve your mental wellbeing.
- Calm Harm - reduces urges to self-harm and manage emotions in a more positive way
- Chill Panda - use breathing techniques to help you relax more, worry less and feel better
- Cove - create music to reflect emotions like joy, sadness and anger to help express how you feel
- distrACT - quick and discreet access to information and advice about self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
- eQuoo: Emotional Fitness Game - The eQuoo app uses adventure games designed by psychologists to help you increase your emotional fitness and teach you new psychological skills.
- Feeling Good: positive mindset - Relax your body and mind with a series of audio tracks designed to help you build confidence, energy and a positive mindset.
- Headspace - The headspace app consists of guided meditations, animations, articles and videos. The app will help you to learn the essentials of meditation and mindfulness with a free basics course.
- ieso - Ieso is an online course using instant messaging for people with mental health problems. The confidential service puts you in touch with a therapist trained in cognitive behavioural therapy. The therapy is by text so you can review your sessions at any time.
- My Possible Self: The Mental Health App - Take control of your thoughts, feelings and behaviour with the My Possible Self mental health app. Use the simple learning modules to manage fear, anxiety and stress and tackle unhelpful thinking. Record your experiences and track symptoms to better understand your mental health.
- Overcoming Anxiety, Overcoming Depression and Overcoming Low Self-Esteem - a free support app based on the popular Overcoming books. Self-assessment scales help you to determine problems. Simple tools help you take control of your own recovery programme using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
- Pzizz - The Pzizz app helps you quickly calm your mind, fall asleep fast, stay asleep, and wake up refreshed.
- Silvercloud - SilverCloud is an online course to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression. You work through a series of topics selected by a therapist to address specific needs. The eight-week course is designed to be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
- Stress & Anxiety Companion - Stress & Anxiety Companion helps you handle stress and anxiety on-the-go. Using breathing exercises, relaxing music and games designed to calm the mind, the app helps you change negative thoughts to help you better cope with life’s ups and downs.
- Thrive - Thrive helps you prevent and manage stress, anxiety and related conditions. The game based app can be used to relax before a stressful situation or on a more regular basis to help you live a happier, more stress-free life.