Make a referral
Our staff bank
Want to work flexible hours or top up your income? Then our staff bank is for you!
Why is Staff Bank so important to us?
Our staff bank provides a comprehensive temporary staffing service for NHFT, covering 4,000 shifts each month.
What does Staff Bank do?
Staff bank supports bank workers with a friendly dedicated on-site team who take care of services like bookings, recruitment and payroll. Through our extensive experience we are able to recruit and book bank workers into appropriate shifts quickly and efficiently. We also support training and development of new and existing bank staff, to ensure that staff keep up-to-date with new initiatives and changes within the Trust.
Why do people work for Staff Bank?
In our experience, people join Staff Bank for a wide range of reasons. The following are a few examples:
- Excellent pay rates
- Flexible work opportunities to suit
- Access to NHS pensions
- Access to training opportunities
- To widen their interests and learn new skills
- To gain new confidence in themselves and their abilities
- To be part of a team
- To help their career development
- To improve patients’ experience during their stay in hospital.
What should I expect if I join Staff Bank?
All Staff Bank temporary workers complete a Trust induction, which covers all of the Trust's mandatory training, together with a wide variety of other training packages that support and further your career.
Passport - All new Healthcare Assistants (HCA) and Qualified Bank Staff will automatically be entered into the recently developed 'Passport Process'. This is a competency-based portfolio that will assist in developing skills and knowledge, in order to become an effective member of the Staff Bank Team.
Preceptorship - We are now able to provide all newly qualified Bank staff with a preceptorship. A preceptorship supports all new registrants at band 5 (including those who have completed a return to practice course) with undertaking a period of preceptorship in their chosen clinical area.
There are a number of clear benefits to preceptorship which include:
- Enhancement of quality care
- Improved recruitment and retention
- Developing competence and confidence in the new role
- Supporting the concept of life long learning
- Developing management skills in a supportive environment
- Supporting the individual in making that jump from student to qualified practitioner.
What sort of people make good Staff Bank members?
People who are
- Able to listen
- Good communicators
- Team players
- Non-judgmental or discriminatory against others
- Able to work within boundaries
- Aware of their own limits
- Respectful of confidentiality.
How do I join Staff Bank?
Find out what Staff Bank vacancies are available at NHFT by clicking into the Current Vacancies section on the Why NHFT page.