Our Council of Governors represents the interests of staff, patients, public, service users and carers, as well as other local organisations in the running of our Foundation Trust. The Council is largely made up of representatives covering all the districts and boroughs of the county. The Board of Governors meets regularly to discuss and review the Trust’s plans. Contact the Foundation Trust Office if you would like to know more about becoming a Governor.
What they do
The Council of Governors is a very important forum that helps shape the future direction of the Trust.
Members of the public, patients, service users, carers, and staff are all encouraged to get in touch with our Governors to improve the way we work and deliver services. You can contact any of our Governors via our Foundation Trust office. You can be confident that our Governors will always treat what you tell them sensitively and confidentially when needed. Your experiences, views and suggestions can really help the Trust to make services better for everyone. The Council of Governors meets regularly to discuss and review the Trust’s plans. Other roles and responsibilities for the Council of Governors are:
- Representing members’ views to the Trust’s board of directors
- Sharing information about key decisions with members of the Trust
- Appointing or removing the chair and non-executive directors
- Being involved in recruitment of the chief executive
- Appointing the Trust’s auditors
- Providing advice on the future strategic plans of the Trust
- Receiving the annual report and accounts at the annual general meeting.
Council of Governors meetings
As an NHS Foundation Trust, we put quality and safety at the foundation of everything we do. This is why we are currently holding our Council of Governors meetings virtually. For our forthcoming meetings, we have put in place a live event which will enable our members to watch and to ask questions. Listed below are the dates for our future Council of Governors meetings:
- Following the sad news of the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on 8 Septmeber we are postponing a number of events scheduled to take place over the coming days. We are therefore standing down the Public Council of Governors meeting due to take place on Thursday 15 September. The next meeting will be on Thursday 10 November at 3pm.
- Thursday 10 November 2022, 3pm
- Thursday 12 January 2022, 5pm
- Thursday 16 March, 9.30am
If you wish to ask a question or attend the 10 November 2022 Council of Governors meeting, please e-mail FoundationTrust@nhft.nhs.uk by 5pm on Tuesday 8 November 2022.
The recording of our July 2022 Council of Governors meeting can be watched below:
Meet our Governors
Kettering & Corby - Zoe Martin | Chris Davison | Vacant
Daventry & South Northants - Carol Philips | Rebecca Breese | Aimee Fish
Northampton - Helen Clark | David N. Jones | Lynda Cox
Wellingborough & East Northants - Vacant | Vacant | Vacant
Rest of England - Al Richards
Younger Service User - Vacant
Adult Service Users - Vacant | Beverley Sturdgess | Neil Goosey | Sam Bailey | Lloyd Cox | Susan Bruce | Vacant
Paul Kelly | Vacant | Fiona Judge
Doctors & Dentists – Krishna Yathiraj
Registered Nurses – Tracy La Penna
Unregistered Nurses - Lyndsey Groves
Other Clinical - Joanne Dalrymple-Smith
Non Clinical – Vacant
West Northamptonshire Council - Cllr Matt Golby
North Northamptonshire Council - Chris Smith-Haynes
The University of Northampton - Roshni Khatri
Criminal Justice Services, Youth - Claire O'Keefe
REACH Collaborative - Sharon Womersley
Northamptonshire Rights & Equality Council - Wendi Buchanan
Older People - Age UK Northamptonshire - Sue Watts
Carer - Mark Major
Becoming a governor
Our next round of Governor elections will open in early 2022. Please check back here for more information about the seats that will be open for nomination.
Please contact us on 01536 452061 if you would like to discuss becoming a Governor. More information about what is involved in being a Governor is available on the NHS Providers website.
Please see below the outcomes from past elections.
Previous elections include:
ERS website for February 2018 elections