Become a member
Join us and make a difference
Our members play a key part in the shaping and development of Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. They directly influence the way we are run and how we will develop in the future. Our members add value to the Trust by representing the people who live in the communities we serve, our service users and carers.Membership form updated Feb 2020[pdf] 721KB
What are the benefits of membership?
Membership is free and as a member you have the opportunity to:
- Have a say in the future of your local health service
- Become involved in developing our services and our future plans
- Receive regular information about our work via our Members’ Bulletin
- Learn more about health and wellbeing
- Be invited to meetings and members health events
- Elect people to represent your views on the Council of Governors
- Stand for election on the Council of Governors yourself
You can decide how little or how much you want to be involved. For example, you might simply want to receive a membership pack and information about the Trust. If you prefer, you could take part in meetings and events that interest you. Or you can be actively involved, learn about the Council of Governors and decide if you want to stand for election.
Who can become a member?
Anyone who is over the age of 12 and uses our services, cares for someone who uses them, or lives in Northamptonshire can become a member of the Trust. We have also introduced a 'Rest of England' constituency, so anyone in England can now also join as a member. Staff who work for NHFT can also join. Our aim is to develop a wide membership including service users, carers, local residents and staff that reflect the diverse population of Northamptonshire. We currently have over 12,000 members, a great total to have reached, and we are always looking for more members and involvement.
How do I join?
Our Membership events programme rolls on...
Our programme of events is all about NHFT bringing you more information on the topics that matter to you and your loved ones.
We have hosted a number of sessions during 2022 where NHFT experts, leaders and clinicians shared information, expertise and practical guidance on the subjects you’ve told us are important. We are very pleased to confirm our 2022 membership events programme is rolling on through early 2023 with two more events coming up in February and March.
You can see the list of events and dates below,. Alternatively, you can express your interest in particular sessions by emailing email@example.com and we will keep you in the loop via email. All sessions will be made available to watch back after they’ve taken place, so don’t worry if you miss an event, we'll be sharing our dedicated watch-back playlist after each event.
Currently planned events include:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) with updates also from REACH Collaboration whcih offers professional and confidential support for young people aged 11-19 in our county - Thursday 2 February 2023, 4pm
- Find out more about NHFT's Diabetes Services - Monday 13 March 2023, 4pm
You can view previous member webinars here