I need urgent mental health help

If you are feeling unwell or are worried about someone, the following advice and contact details have been designed to help you decide what to do now.

If you are concerned about an immediate risk of harm, either to yourself or someone else please phone 999.

You can call us 24 hours a day on 0800 448 0828. A mental health navigator will take your call to ensure you get the support that you need. 

If you (or the person you are supporting) are already receiving support from Northamptonshire NHS Healthcare Foundation Trust (NHFT) you should have a care plan. This plan will include details of who you should contact in a crisis, if you cannot find the plan call and need help call 0800 448 0828

Crisis Cafes

Drop in to one of our Crisis Cafés

Join us at one of our drop in cafes. Run by an NHFT mental health professional and a MIND peer support worker, they provide support and safety to anyone in need by offering coping mechanisms and management techniques to help reduce the risk of crisis. As well as offering support, professionals can also refer and direct you to further services if required. Crisis Cafés are available for anyone 18 years old or over who are finding themselves in a crisis or need support with their mental health.  

There is no need to call and book an appointment, simply drop in to one of the Northamptonshire locations listed to receive support. If you have any questions or to view crisis cafés venues, dates and times you can access the Crisis Cafe webpage by clicking here


Contact your GP or the GP out-of-hours service

If you are worried about yourself, a friend or relative, speak to your family doctor (GP) in the first instance. Your GP will know the services that can help you the most and will arrange a referral to our services if your needs cannot be met more effectively by primary care mental health services or other agencies.

For out of normal hours help, you can contact NHS 111. They will refer you to an out of hours GP. Simply dial 111 to access this service.


Contact the Samaritans

If you are worried that you are at risk of suicide you can also contact the Samaritans by visiting their website www.samaritans.org or call 116 123 for free.

Out of hours support - Social services

Out of hours support - Social services

What if I need to contact Social Services during the evening, at night or the weekend? The 'Out of Hours' team at Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) are here to help. Please phone 01604 626938 to access this service.

Advice around reporting a concern about a child anywhere in Northamptonshire can be found on the Northamptonshire Children's Trust website

North Northamptonshire

North Northamptonshire Council covers the following areas:

  • Kettering
  • Corby
  • East Northants
  • Wellingborough

If the adult resides in or near one of these areas please complete the North Northamptonshire form - Report a safeguarding concern - North Northamptonshire

​​If the concern is ​urgent, contact our North Northamptonshire Council Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 3000.

West Northamptonshire

West Northamptonshire Council covers the following areas:

  • Daventry
  • Northampton
  • South Northants

If the adult resides in or near one of these areas please complete the West Northamptonshire form - Report a safeguarding concern - West Northamptonshire

​If the concern is urgent, contact our West Northamptonshire Council Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 7000.