IPS runs according to 8 key principles:
- Its aim to help you find into competitive paid employment.
- It is open to all those who want to work – nobody is excluded because of their diagnosis or current mental wellbeing.
- It tries to find jobs consistent with people’s preferences.
- It aims to get you into work as quickly as possible
- Employment Specialists work as members of the mental health team
- Employment Specialists develop relationships with employers based on a person’s work preferences.
- IPS provides on-going support for you and your employer.
- Benefits advice is included, to make sure you know how moving into work will impact your finances.
Our Employment Specialists can support you in a wide range of ways to find and keep a job, including:
- Supporting you to explore the sort of work you would like to do.
- Helping you to create or update your CV.
- Assisting with job searching and applications.
- Providing information about training.
- Help you to access information on benefits and how working may affect this.
- Approach employers that you want to work for.
- Help you make a plan for staying healthy at work.
- Assist you to decide what to say about your health to potential employers.
- Help you request changes or support from employers.
- Support you and your employer for as long as you need while at work.
Our specialists cover
- Grand Union CMHT
- Blue ARC CMHT
- Northampton Central & East CMHT
- Rural Parks CMHT
- South West Parkwood CMHT
- Kettering Red Kite CMHT
- Rockingham Triangle CMHT
- Wellingborough & District CMHT
- East Northants CMHT
- Community Forensic Team