TypeRECONNECT - Care after custody
RECONNECT seeks to maintain any health gains made whilst being in prison by supporting vulnerable people leaving prison to access or transition health or care needs to community-based services.
The team can offer support up to 6 months post release to assist with engagement into appropriate health or care services as well as other relevant support services to meet the individual’s agreed health and care needs plan.
Following referral, consent will be obtained to undertake a holistic assessment identifying any physical / mental health vulnerability, substance misuse needs and any additional needs which may inhibit engagement into community-based services.
Who is this service for? RECONNECT works with people over the age of 18 years with a health or care need, referrals can be made up to 12 weeks prior to release and within 28 days post release. A referral can be made by prison staff, other reconnect services, probation, liaison and diversion services, self, or family.
Useful resources and links
Urgent mental health support:
The Mental Health Number - a 24/7 mental health telephone support 0800 448 0828
Crisis cafés - Our Cafés are for anyone 18 years old or over. For people who find themselves in need of support for their mental health.
- The Samaritan’s: 116 123
- Northamptonshire out of hours service: 111
- Northamptonshire police: 101
- Emergency: 999
Other useful numbers:
- West Northamptonshire county council: 0300 126 1000
- North Northamptonshire county council: 0300 126 7000
Drug and alcohol support
- Substance to solution (S2S): 0808 169 8512
- National drugs helpline (FRANK): 0300 123 6600
- Alcoholics anonymous: 0800 9177 650
- Narcotics anonymous: 0300 999 1212
- Gam care: 0808 8020 133
- Relate: 01604 634400
- Citizens advice: 0800 223 1133
- Job Centre Plus: 0800 055 6688
- Northampton and County community law service: 01604 621038
- National debt line: 0808 808 4000, www.nationaldebtline.org
- Project Nova: 0800 9177299
- Transition intervention and liaison service (TILS): 0300 3236818