TypeAdult Services - Adult Community Beds
Our four community hospitals offer inpatient specialist services for adult patients who need 24 hour inpatient care. The service is for sub-acute medicine and have a combination of medical, physical and neurological needs.
The patients may:
- Have had a severe illness.
- Had a decline in their health after a long-term illness.
- Need medical, physical or specialist rehabilitation.
- Have had a stroke or a brain injury
- Our unit has a dedicated bed for end of life care.
To meet these varied needs our ward teams are made up of a range of healthcare professionals. Some are based at specific sites and others come to the ward depending on the patient's needs.
Please visit the Available Locations tab for more information.
Who is this service for: Adults who are admitted to hospital who need inpatient levels of treatment, physical therapy and support.
How to access this service: You cannot self refer to Community Hospitals. Other hospitals or specialist clinicians will refer you if they think that this is in your best interests.