TypeAdult Services - MSK Occupational Therapy
Musculoskeletal Occupational Therapy (OT) Hand Therapy offers a wide range of treatments for patients who have a hand /wrist dysfunction or injury.
Our services treat a range of conditions, including:
- Elective hand surgery: Dupuytrens, carpal tunnel decompression, trapiezotomy, joint replacements
- Hand injuries/trauma: wrist and finger fractures, amputations, nerve injuries, mallet injuries and flexor tendon repairs.
- General conditions of the hand: nonspecific wrist pain, trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome, tenosynovitis
- Rheumatology: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis and hypermobility
- Neurology: CVA, traumatic brain injury, MS, MND—splinting and advice.
We offer advice for
- Increasing range of movement
- Decreasing swelling
- Increasing gross grip
- Correcting patterns of movement
- Scar management
- Joint protection
- Specialised splinting
- Signposting to other services.
Who is this service for? For adults with hand dysfunction and injuries.
How to access this service: Referrals are accepted from qualified professionals including GPs, consultants, accident and emergency (A&E) and allied health professionals.
- Telephone: 0330 5556789
There are currently no resources to display for this service.
Please contact the team via the 'contact us' section for more information