TypeAdult Services - Specialist Palliative Care
Our teams provide specialist support and advice to patients who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness (the patient is considered to be within the last 12 months of life) . There are a number of different services that sit under this pathway which work together to provide specialist physical, psychological and spiritual care to patients and carers.
Our countywide services offer a united approach to providing end of life care, ensuring a seamless and supported journey for patients, service users and their carers/families.
We care for patients and service users in their homes through our community teams or in our hospice inpatient units, depending on individual care required. We help with symptom control to improve comfort and enhance quality of life, as well as discharge planning in complex situations involving other hospitals, hospices and primary care teams.
Who is this service for? Adult patients considered being within the last 12 months of life and having specialist palliative care needs and their families.
How to access this service: For help and advice with specialist palliative care services please visit your GP or health professional for a referral.
- Cransley Hospice
- Cynthia Spencer Hospice
- Hospice at Home
- Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist Service - Cynthia Spencer Hospice
- Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist Service - Danetre Hospital
- Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist Service - St Mary's Hospital
- Palliative Care Lymphoedema
- Palliative Therapy Team - Cransley Hospice
- Palliative Therapy Team - Cynthia Spencer Hospice
- SPC Consultant Outpatients - Cransley Hospice
- SPC Consultant Outpatients - Cynthia Spencer Hospice