- Meet the team
- Contact us
- How do I register for this service?
- Accessibility Information
- Useful resources and links
TypeCommunity Children's Nursing
Our nursing teams support children and their families manage acute and long-term illnesses. Care is provided for children and young people aged 0-18 years. We deliver support in family’s homes, schools and community settings such as Isebrook Hospital, Wellingborough and St Mary’s Hospital, Kettering.
Our children can have varying diagnosis's such as Long-Term Ventilation, Genetic Disorders, Respiratory Conditions, Cancer, Arthritis and many more.
Our aims are to reduce the need for hospital admissions. We empower families and children to manage their own health condition and achieve the best outcome. We also ensure all those involved with a child have the skills to look after their health needs.
Our teams include:
- Children’s Community Nurses who provide care for children with long-term conditions and can help with post-operative care
- Care, Assessment and Treatment of Children at Home (CATCH) team. Working with GPs, acute units and other healthcare practitioners, we help children who are acutely unwell to remain with their families in their own home
- Children’s Continuing Care Team for those receiving Continuing Healthcare funding due to their ongoing needs
- Children’s Continence Service team of nurses and healthcare assistants, who help children and their families to manage bladder and bowel problems.
Who is this service for? Children and young people from the age of 0 to 18, with ongoing nursing needs and underlying health conditions.
AddressSudborough House, St Mary's Hospital, London Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 7PW
Meet the team
Team Lead: Senior Childrens nurse who manages the team and is involved in the delivery of patient care as per the Senior Specialist Childrens Nurses Role.
Senior Specialist Childrens Nurses: Assess, plan and deliver the care to children and young people in the service. Provide support, training and advice to families and young people to enable them to achieve the best outcome. Liaison with other professionals to support children and young people within the community.
St Mary's Hospital
Northants, NN15 7PW
Telephone: 03000 273737
Mon-Sun: 24 hours
How do I register for this service?
Referrals can be made by any professional working with your child i.e. Paediatrician, GP, Physiotherapist, Health Visitor, School Nurse or Education staff.
Referrals can also be made via the Northamptonshire Referral Management Centre via the CYP RMC Referral Form
For an informal discussion about the suitability of a referral you can call 01536 452232