- Available Locations
- About us
- Accessing our service
- Contact us and opening hours
- Useful resources
TypeChildren's Therapy Services - Speech & Language Therapy Team
We support children and young people (0– 19) who have speech, language and communication difficulties. This includes difficulties with:
- Understanding language
- Using language
- Communication and interaction
- Dysfluency (stammering)
- Speech sounds
- Social skills
We also help children and young people who have eating and drinking difficulties. Some children we support may have identified needs such as cleft palate, hearing impairment and special educational needs and disability (SEND).
We work closely with parents, carers and other professionals to help you help your child. This may include workshops, training, assessment, group and/or individual therapy sessions .
Who is this service for? Children and young people from the age of 0 to 19.
How to access this service: Referrals can be made by health, social care and education professionals via the Referral Management Centre (RMC). For further information on referrals and how to access the Children's Therapy Service for Speech and Language therapy please click here.
If you would like to discuss referring a child to the 0-19 service please contact the 0-19 Admin Hub for further details on 0800 170 7055.
- Children's SALT - Brackley Health Centre, Brackley
- Children's SALT - Brook Health Centre, Towcester
- Children's SALT - Danetre Hospital, Daventry
- Children's SALT - Highfield Clinic, Northampton
- Children's SALT - Isebrook Hospital, Wellingborough
- Children's SALT - Rectory Road Clinic, Rushden
- Children's SALT - St James Clinic, Northampton
- Children's SALT - St Mary's Hospital, Kettering
- Children's SALT - Weston Favell Health Centre, Northampton
- Children's SALT - Willowbrook Health Centre, Corby
As a service we strive for:
- Timely and appropriate referrals to Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Improvement in parental awareness, knowledge and the home communication environment
- Increased educational professional confidence in understanding, developing and supporting children’s speech, language and communication
- Improved outcomes for children with Speech and Language and Communication needs
- Successful collaborative working with families and services for shared outcomes
As a service we do not offer:
- Teaching English as an additional language
- Developmentally normal speech sound errors
Accessing our service
Contact us and opening hours
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
North of the county
St Mary’s Hospital
Telephone: 01536 452139
South of the county
Telephone: 01604 745029
There are currently no resources available on this page.