Latest government figures published last week (22 July) show that the coronavirus infection rate in Northampton remains above the national and regional rates.
The rate of infection is increasing and the amount of positive tests is also increasing within the borough, which means we need to take action now.
Residents of Northampton are urged to follow additional guidance to reduce transmission rates.
Here is how you can help protect yourselves, your family and your community:
- Limit contact with others outside of your household or bubble
- Work from home if you can
- Keep 2 metres from others at all times, use a face covering where you are less than 2 metres apart
- Avoid using public transport or car sharing, wear face coverings if you cannot avoid these
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home, self-isolate and get a test
- Avoid meeting those outside of your household or bubble in an indoor space
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for 20 seconds each time
- Do not share items with others outside of your household or bubble
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not go to work, either work from home or report sick, self-isolate and get a test
- Even if you only have mild COVID-19 symptoms, get a test
- If you are contacted by test and trace and asked to self-isolate, stay at home for 14 days