The NHFT Quality Awards are a chance to celebrate and share good practice, recognising those who deliver quality care and generate a sense of pride among our teams. All nominees are read, shortlisted and then entered into a list for the annual awards ceremony held towards the end of the year.
Nominations for 2023 are OPEN! Everything you need to know about the nomination process, judging panels, top tips in writing your nomination to get noticed by our judges and more is available on this page.
The Quality Awards of 2023 will have two rounds across the year in which we will find round winners who will then go forward as our shortlist for the annual award ceremony later in the year. Our shortlisted annual nominees will be shared later in the year, but do keep your nominations coming in.
You can see three Quality Awards categories listed below with a short description of each and a link to the nomination form. The full criteria for each of these awards is as follows:
- Patient Choice Award - An opportunity for our patients, service users, carers and families to nominate their staff choice for leading and providing compassionate care. Recognising and celebrating excellent care through the patient’s experience.
- Engagement and Involvement Award - This annual award is open to all service users, carers, governors, volunteers, clinical and non clinical staff from all services and others who use the Trust’s services. This award demonstrates successful initiatives which have been driven through the use of co-production, engagement and involvement with others, whilst always putting the patient and service user experience at the heart of everything they do.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - This annual award applies to all staff, volunteers and governors who have shown dedication and commitment to teamNHFT and the wider NHS over a significant period of time. We are looking for those who have worked or volunteered within the Trust who have made contributions of outstanding significance and excellence and can showcase the exemplary work they have undertaken, continue to do to make a positive difference to patients, service users and carers.
Got someone in mind? Take a look at our top tips below to help guide you on a few pointers and help your nomination stand out then click on the link in award category you have chosen and the nomination form will open up in Microsoft Forms. Please complete all of the sections of the form before submitting.
TOP TIPS IN WRITING YOUR QUALITY AWARDS NOMINATION
Nominating someone for a Quality Award is a great way to recognise their achievements and the support they have given to you. To help get your nomination noticed we have put together some tips below of how you can make your award submission really stand out.
- All of our nomination forms have a word limit for both main sections (200 words max)
- Think about the person / team – what they did and work out the key information and evidence that will get them recognised.
- Try not to repeat information or phrases, the judges will be looking for information and a full picture of what the nominee did and how it made a difference.
- Write in an easy to understand language. Please try to avoid acronyms and make sure it’s clear for someone who doesn’t know the nominee, to understand.
- Think about the evidence you can give in your nomination and how you can justify your points.
- Avoid phrases such as they’re a smiley person or they’re good at their job. These don’t tell us or evidence how they have made a difference.
- Don’t use the same nomination for multiple people. Make them unique and they are more likely to be noticed.
- Evidence is key and what our NHFT judging panel will be looking for. Do take your time in completing your nomination ensuring you have answered the questions fully.
We very much look forward to receiving your entries this year, very best of luck and thank you for being part of our Quality Awards 2023. If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Patient Choice Award
An opportunity for our patients, service users, carers and families to nominate their staff choice for leading and providing compassionate care. Recognising and celebrating excellent care through the patients' experience. Nominate your staff choice today!
Engagement and Involvement Award
Open to all staff, volunteers, governors and uses of NHFT services. This award demonstrates successful initiatives driven through co-production, engagement, involvement with others whilst putting the patients/service users experience at the heart of all they do. Nominate your choice today!
Lifetime Achievement Award
Annual award for all staff, volunteers and governors of NHFT who have shown dedication, commitment to teamNHFT and the wider NHS over a significant period of time. During this time, they will have made contributions of outstanding significance and excellence and continue to make a positive difference. Submit your nomination today!