TypeAdult Services - Diabetic Eye Screening Programme
The Diabetic Eye Screening Programme provides annual screening to detect diabetic retinopathy for the cohort of diabetic patients aged 12 and above within Northamptonshire. Specialist trained graders view images captured within clinic and the service operates a fast track referral system for patients with sight-threatening retinopathy for treatment within the two local acute hospitals. In addition the service also reports any other eye conditions to the Hospital Eye Services at Kettering General Hospital and Northampton General Hospital.
The Service has 9 fixed sites across the county and within the community our team carry out retinal eye screening checks to establish if they have diabetic retinopathy (damage to the retina of the eye), referring people for treatment where appropriate.
Our team is led by a specialist doctor in ophthalmology and consists of qualified and experienced screeners and grader staff, as well as healthcare. We work closely with hospital eye services in Northamptonshire to ensure that diabetic patients with retinopathy are managed promptly.
Who is this service for? We see all diabetic patients registered with GPs aged 12 and up for screening every 12 months, or more frequently if the condition requires more monitoring.
How to access this service: Your GP or the Diabetes Specialist Nurses within your GP practice can refer you to the Screening Programme.
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Brackley Health Centre
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Brook Health Centre
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Danetre Hospital
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Highfield Clinic
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Isebrook Hospital
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Nene Park
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Oundle Medical Practice
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - St Mary's Hospital
- Diabetic Eye Screening Programme - Willowbrook Health Centre
To book an appointment
Telephone: 0330 555 6789 (local rate) and select option 1
Advice and queries:
Telephone: 01933 235845
There are currently no resources to display for this service.
Please contact the team via the 'contact us' section for more information